What is CBD Oil?
Cannabidiol oil, often known as CBD oil, is a substance obtained from the cannabis plant. It is a cannabinoid, one of many of the chemical substances that make up cannabis. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the more well-known counterpart of CBD, does not result in a “high” or intoxication when ingested. This is so because CBD lacks any intoxicating characteristics.
Since hemp has a high CBD content while having a negligibly low THC content, it is frequently used to make CBD oil. The extraction procedure entails separating CBD and other advantageous components from the plant material using a variety of techniques, including carbon dioxide extraction or solvent-based extraction.
In recent years, there has been a lot of research on CBD oil because of its possible therapeutic advantages.
What are the benefits of CBD OIL?
- Pain relief: CBD may help to lessen inflammation and chronic pain.
- Reducing stress and anxiety: CBD is frequently used to treat problems linked to stress and anxiety.
- Sleep enhancement: Some people discover that CBD can aid in the treatment of sleep disorders like insomnia.
- Control of seizures: Epidiolex, a CBD-containing prescription drug, has been licenced for the treatment of specific forms of epilepsy.
- CBD has anti-inflammatory qualities, which may be advantageous for a number of illnesses.
- CBD may have neuroprotective characteristics, which are being studied for illnesses like Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
- Skin issues: Topical treatments containing CBD are used to treat disorders like psoriasis, dermatitis, and acne.
While CBD has demonstrated promise in a number of areas, further research is necessary to completely understand its usefulness and safety. Depending on where you live, different nations and states may have varying laws governing the use and sale of CBD products. Consult a healthcare practitioner if you’re thinking about taking CBD for health or wellness reasons, and make sure you buy your CBD products from a reliable supplier.
The Difference Between CBD and THC
If you didn’t already know — CBD and THC have the exact same chemical makeup: 21 carbon atoms, 30 hydrogen atoms, and 2 oxygen atoms.
The two are nearly identical twins.
What differentiates the two compounds, however, is the arrangement of a single atom, which you can observe in the illustration below.
For any of you who weren’t paying attention in chemistry class — an atom is about a million times smaller than a human hair…so we’re talking about a microscopic difference here.
Now you’re probably wondering, with such a microscopic difference, how different can CBD and THC be?
The short answer — very, very different — but let’s go over the details.